Skip to main content

No Recap today... But I do have a question, dear reader.

There was no recap today because I was feeling pretty sick, but I promise to be back soon.

I get a lot of mixed feedback about the recaps--many of my friends say they don't really look at them. Still others say they like it. I check out my page view totals, however, and my recaps have some of my highest hit counts of any posts.

Do you read the recaps? Do you enjoy them? How could I make them better?

They do take a lot of time to put together, and the new 'copy and paste' from the Twitter feed is admittedly harder to read, however gets put together a LOT faster than the previous way of paragraphs. I don't have time to be Joe Jarvis and post my view in a separate post on each of those stories. Besides, I think the Twitter following is growing faster than the blog following. Still, I'm in it for the blog, and that's where my energy will be. Maybe I could get a little of column A and a little of column B.

Maybe there's a happy medium?

Tell me your views on the recap.

Comments

jim d said…
i like the recap and do find a lot of things I missed from the twitter feeds during the day... I know it has to take a lot of time and understand if you want to concentrate on the articles...

Appreciate all the time and effort

Jim
xoxo Jillian said…
I like recaps too. On other blogs that I read they are just one line and have a link posted if you want to read more. I find them very helpful.
Ameriqueer said…
That's not a recap, that's a single article summary, little sis. A recap is more of a roundup of several stories all summarized and linked. But I thank you for your input, and have fun in Germany, tell Hasselhoff I said hi. Get Rufus Wainwright's autograph for me, I think he lives there now.

Popular posts from this blog

Chris Geidner: In Iowa, judges are ousted.

Via Chris Geidner's Poliglot blog at Metro Weekly:

"

In Iowa, which declared Iowa's marriage ban unconstitutional under the state's constitution in 2009, the National Organization for Marriage got one of its first electoral victories this year. The judicial retention elections appear to have resulted in the replacement of all three justices up for a vote this year.

Here, as of 3:35 a.m. and with 1767 out of 1774 precincts reporting, are the Iowa Secretary of State's election results:

Supreme Court Justice David L. Baker
Yes 443437 45.75%
No 525865 54.25%

Supreme Court Justice Michael J. Streit
Yes 442459 45.6%
No 527921 54.4%

Supreme Court Chief Justice Marsha Ternus
Yes 437118 44.99%
No 534486 55.01%

The court was unanimous in its 2009 ruling that Iowa's constitution required marriage equality."

Can we trust Rasmussen anymore?

HAPPY HOUR... POSTPONED.

Happy Hour Roundup will be coming late today. Fortunately, there is lots of news to report on! Unfortunately, there will be no time for me to collect it and send it. Expect it between 5pm and 6pm!