Skip to main content

LC--When the cat’s away…

I just posted to my Lundon Calling blog about the shenanigans that went down on that show while I was away in Dallas. How dare they lie about my age on air while I was in hostile territory! After all, my last initials are J.R!

When the cat’s away…:
"OK, so I’m a week behind on blogging, but I have a good excuse. While Ace and Lance were recording the 57th show, I was off in Dallas, TX at the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force’s annual LGBT leadership conference, Creating Change! It was an amazing conference! I met some pretty fantastic people: I met Matt Foreman, Mike Rogers and Kate Kendell all for the first time, not to mention bloggers like George Cole and Chris Bartlett! I also learned so much at the brilliant workshops, and–of course–loved seeing my blogging buddies Bil Browning, Jerame Davis, Adam Bink, Waymon Hudson and his hubby Anthony and Michael Crawford. Finally, I had two great roommates–Zack Ford and Adam Taylor. Both are great bloggers and social networkers and leaders in our movement.


Then I came back to listen to show 57. All I can say is its a doozy. And I better NEVER miss another recording because Nathan Treanor of Nathan OUTloud–show 57’s guest–actually had the NERVE to call me 40! Ana Guerriero–my fill in host, and a friend of mine going way back to 2000 when I started at Central Michigan University–had my back and suggested I’m just a youngin. Well Ace had it right–I’m actually 27… but don’t tell anybody because I tell everyone here I’m 25.


I’m loving this episode, though, because–even though Ace really gets angry off the top there–it was a lot of fun for the rest of the show. I wish I had been there!


Nathan, I can’t wait to have you on AGAIN, so I can give you what for for calling me 40! Why I oughtta… :-)"

Please make sure you listen to the show!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chris Geidner: In Iowa, judges are ousted.

Via Chris Geidner's Poliglot blog at Metro Weekly:

"

In Iowa, which declared Iowa's marriage ban unconstitutional under the state's constitution in 2009, the National Organization for Marriage got one of its first electoral victories this year. The judicial retention elections appear to have resulted in the replacement of all three justices up for a vote this year.

Here, as of 3:35 a.m. and with 1767 out of 1774 precincts reporting, are the Iowa Secretary of State's election results:

Supreme Court Justice David L. Baker
Yes 443437 45.75%
No 525865 54.25%

Supreme Court Justice Michael J. Streit
Yes 442459 45.6%
No 527921 54.4%

Supreme Court Chief Justice Marsha Ternus
Yes 437118 44.99%
No 534486 55.01%

The court was unanimous in its 2009 ruling that Iowa's constitution required marriage equality."

Can we trust Rasmussen anymore?

HAPPY HOUR... POSTPONED.

Happy Hour Roundup will be coming late today. Fortunately, there is lots of news to report on! Unfortunately, there will be no time for me to collect it and send it. Expect it between 5pm and 6pm!