Skip to main content

LC--When the cat’s away…

I just posted to my Lundon Calling blog about the shenanigans that went down on that show while I was away in Dallas. How dare they lie about my age on air while I was in hostile territory! After all, my last initials are J.R!

When the cat’s away…:
"OK, so I’m a week behind on blogging, but I have a good excuse. While Ace and Lance were recording the 57th show, I was off in Dallas, TX at the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force’s annual LGBT leadership conference, Creating Change! It was an amazing conference! I met some pretty fantastic people: I met Matt Foreman, Mike Rogers and Kate Kendell all for the first time, not to mention bloggers like George Cole and Chris Bartlett! I also learned so much at the brilliant workshops, and–of course–loved seeing my blogging buddies Bil Browning, Jerame Davis, Adam Bink, Waymon Hudson and his hubby Anthony and Michael Crawford. Finally, I had two great roommates–Zack Ford and Adam Taylor. Both are great bloggers and social networkers and leaders in our movement.


Then I came back to listen to show 57. All I can say is its a doozy. And I better NEVER miss another recording because Nathan Treanor of Nathan OUTloud–show 57’s guest–actually had the NERVE to call me 40! Ana Guerriero–my fill in host, and a friend of mine going way back to 2000 when I started at Central Michigan University–had my back and suggested I’m just a youngin. Well Ace had it right–I’m actually 27… but don’t tell anybody because I tell everyone here I’m 25.


I’m loving this episode, though, because–even though Ace really gets angry off the top there–it was a lot of fun for the rest of the show. I wish I had been there!


Nathan, I can’t wait to have you on AGAIN, so I can give you what for for calling me 40! Why I oughtta… :-)"

Please make sure you listen to the show!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In anti-gay attack, AIM falsely asserts "pedophile" Jennings was "teaching 14-year-old boys" about sexual practices | Media Matters for America

In anti-gay attack, AIM falsely asserts "pedophile" Jennings was "teaching 14-year-old boys" about sexual practices | Media Matters for America : "In attacking the media for allegedly insufficient coverage of Obama administration official Kevin Jennings, a blogger for Accuracy in Media, which purports to 'set the record straight on important issues that have received slanted coverage' -- and which has a record of antagonism toward gays -- smeared Jennings as a 'pedophile' and falsely claimed that '[v]ideos have surfaced of Jennings teaching 14-year-old boys the dangerous sexual practice of 'fisting,' and discussing with them the particulars of oral sex.' In fact, Jennings did not conduct that seminar and, in fact, reportedly criticized it when he became aware of its content." AIM is a crock. They're nothing more than Republican mouthpieces.

Michigan: Announcement of Calvin College board's stand on homosexuality, same-sex marriage expected soon

Big news out of Michigan, surely the Professors (who tend to be very progressive) can't wait to find out - MLive.com : "Calvin College professors will find out Monday whether the college’s governing board will withdraw a controversial memo ordering them to follow Christian Reformed Church teachings against homosexuality and same-sex marriage. President Gaylen Byker will update faculty on board discussions that took place over the weekend by the Board of Trustees, including a decision on the memo, spokesman Phil de Haan said Saturday."

NEW BILERICO GUEST POST: What the GLAAD Network Report Means

MY NEWEST CONTRIBUTION TO BILERICO; PLEASE VISIT BILERICO.COM FOR THE ENTIRE POST! Yesterday, GLAAD released its Network Responsibility Index report for 2009, ranking the top broadcast and cable networks on their LGBT inclusivity in programming. ABC led the broadcast networks this year with depictions like Ugly Betty 's gay Ken-doll Marc, played by Michael Urie, among other depictions on other shows. HBO led the cable networks with shows like gay-created True Blood , No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency , and Big Love ; with over 42% of programming being LGBT inclusive. We're not surprised that there were so many cable networks that ranked high on the index; #2 Showtime's programming consisted of 24% LGBT-inclusive programming, #3 TNT dedicated 19% of its hours to LGBT-inclusive content, #4 MTV 17% (really, only 17?), and #5 Lifetime—the in-denial fourth gay network—had 14%. This was all while the Network's rankings topped out at ABC's 24% and went down from there to C